Basement Waterproofing Services in Akron, Ohio
The Basement Doctor staffs experienced professionals who have seen it all when it comes to wet basements, so there's no issue that's too complex for our team to address.
What sets us apart from our competition is our attention to detail, years of field experience, and outstanding customer service. If your home has started to smell musty or you've noticed water on your home's wooden support beams or floor joists, or worse yet, if you've discovered mold growth or stains on the walls in your home, it's time to give us a call.
If you're wondering what causes your basement to leak, this normally occurs when water builds up around the foundation of your home. It then seeps into the basement through the floor and walls. The resulting moisture acts as a catalyst for the growth of mold.
Danger of Excess Moisture in Your Basement
Mold - Mold has a fuzzy appearance and can be found in colors like yellow, blue, gray, green, white or black. It can cause some very serious health problems. Some early warning signs of mold are:
- Increased difficulty breathing
- Sore throats
- Allergic reactions
Stained walls - Stained walls are warning signs of moisture in that section of the wall. As water builds up outside of your basement's wall, it can then travel through the block resulting in an acidic residue or 'efflorescence.' The resulting wetness can lead to:
- Higher than normal humidity levels
- Ruined belongings that you've stored in your basement
- The growth of mold
- Ruined floor joists
- Decayed wooden support beams
Our Basement Waterproofing Solutions
Every solution begins with a consultation. We'll thoroughly review the environment under your home, then put together a plan of action to eliminate the intrusion of water into your basement. Our product lines and specialties are The NoWater Waterproofing System, our Sump Pump Dual Pump Pack, the Sante Fe Basement Dehumidifier and the Intelli-Pump battery back up sump pump.
- The NoWater Waterproofing System: The NoWater system is a drainage system that is installed along the footing of your basement. It's positioned on top of crushed stone or gravel to minimize its movement. The pipe is then attached to a sump pump. This system directs water from the floors, walls, cove joint, and ceiling to the sump pump where it will be directed away from your home at a safe distance. This waterproofing system has proven to be effective at resolving even the worst moisture problems underneath a home.
- Sump Pump Dual Pump Pack: This pump is only available through us, so you won't find it at your local home improvement or repair shop. Our sump pump system has a multiple back up system that activates when the main pump stops working, or if the power goes out. You don't need to worry about hitting any special levers, buttons, or switches to get it to start working because it's all automatic!
- Sante Fe Basement Dehumidifier: This dehumidifier works by controlling the amount of humidity in your basement. Once controlled, mold can't grow. This dehumidification product can cover up to 2,500 square feet, keeping the relative humidity level at or below fifty percent in your home.
- Intelli-Pump Battery Back Up: Intelli-pump is a battery back up sump pump which helps to protect your crawl space or basement. It features a microprocessor controller which checks the status of the battery itself and the AC power in your home. Combined with our NoWater waterproofing system, this guarantees that your basement will remain safe, dry and healthy.
About Akron, Ohio
**Information provided by www.wikipedia.com
Contact the Basement Doctor for waterproofing services
Please feel free to call us at 1-888-479-0209 about our basement waterproofing services or contact us via the web for more information. We really look forward to talking with you soon!